Friday, September 5, 2008

Boo!

I was walking through the neighborhood the other night, and as it was getting dark I realized we were getting close to one of my favorite holidays - Halloween!!!! I love the excitement of dressing up as something out of the ordinary. I love even more seeing what ideas other people have for costumes or decorations! But by far, my favorite is seeing the homemade costumes of little kids. That always gives me such a treat!

I quickly began making plans for decorating the house and preparing for trick-or-treaters. Halloween is on a Friday this year, so treats for the kids that night and a party for us adults on Saturday night! We are 8 weeks out, but I'm a firm believer that parties and social gatherings should be planned in advance to minimize stress for a fun event! (That's a trade secret! Tell everyone!)

We've got plans for decorating the driveway with Do-It-Yourself luminaries that I saw in a neighborhood driveway a few years ago. Here is a link to one version that I saw using paper bags, sand and tea lights. This looks really great lining the driveway at night!
Add some fake cobwebs, post-humorously (ha!) written tombstones, some spooky tunes, perhaps a few well placed scares (great for dad to handle!) and a few buckets of candy and we're in the trick or treat business!

For the big kids this year, we'll be hosting the annual Halloween costume party. Here is my favorite of this years adult Halloween invitations.
What sells this one for me is the 2 sided invite, with your wording on the front and a fun image of costumed characters on the back.

There are a number of other exciting and playful Halloween invitations as well, which may be just the thing for your party.

Now.... We've just got to figure out the perfect costume!

No comments: