Friday, April 24, 2009

Saying Goodbye...

One month ago today, I lost a very loyal friend and Paper Style lost a very loyal employee. My golden retriever Meadow lost a battle with cancer.

The reason I felt obligated to include this in our blog is that Meadow came to Paper Style with dad every day of her life, including weekends. She was raised here, considered it her home and loved it more than anything. She couldn't wait to go to work each day.

After being diagnosed with inoperable cancer, word spread quickly that Meadow may not be with us much longer. We had a party for her, took pictures, gave her all the love we could... we celebrated Meadow. I spent the night with her on Thursday at the office, on the floor and pet her all night long letting her know what a pretty girl she was. I'm not sure either one of us slept.

The joy Meadow brought the entire Paper Style Family... and especially me, will always be cherished and never forgotten.

We'll miss you sweet girl.

Chris

2 comments:

jasmineandwoo said...

Chris: So sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet dog. We also have a golden, a rescue, and named our company after him (and his "side kick" sister). Your pet was lucky indeed to have such a loving and involved family such as yours...I know your memories of Meadow will warm your heart (and perhaps prompt a tear or two) for many years to come! Best, Debbie Johns, Jasmine & Woo

talitha_3k said...

I am a Paper Style employee, and I have many wonderful memories of Meadow from my very first experience with the company. during my job interview, Chris was showing me around the office. when we reached the warehouse, a huge dog ran right up to me. I thought it was the coolest thing to have a dog at work! I asked what her name was and he said "Meadow". I asked if I could pet her, but by then she was cuddling up to my side like she'd known me for years.
for the better part of my two-plus years with Paper Style, Meadow would make her rounds of the building several times a day, stopping in every department for treats or, in my case, simple doggy love. I was also fortunate enough to get to dogsit Meadow for a couple of long weekends, and she was such a joy to have around: dragging me along on walks because she wanted to explore everywhere outside, falling asleep between my desk and chair (under my legs) while I played games online, and I'd wake up in the mornings to find her grinning at me from her spot on the floor...it was all so much fun.
one of the reasons I love being at Paper Style so much was because of Meadow, the heart of our little family. she was our sweet girl and I will always miss her.